Cutest Blog on the Block

Thursday, May 18, 2017

Bible Journaling in "The Traveling Bible"

Hey there!! I know...it's been over a month since my last entry!! But I've been a busy girl! 

I wanted to share a really neat idea with you....
I joined a group on Facebook called The Traveling Bible and found it's a really neat idea in relation to Bible Journaling. 

There are a few Bibles circulating the US and each recipient decorates a bible page, signs it, and sends it on to the next person. 
Here is my entry: 

Psalm 91:4

"He will cover you with his feathers. He will shelter you with his wings. His faithful promises are your armor and protection"


I tried a new technique that I believe Tai Bender of  Growing Meadows shared. It was using a printed paper napkin on your bible page. The directions stated to use Clear Gesso, but I live out in the boonies and could only find Clear Mod Podge at my local Walmart. It worked fine for my project. 
I used some printables from Illustrated Faith Print and Pray Shop. I love all of these printables!!!

I also used acrylic paints and applied them with an old WalMart gift card. The letters are actually cardstock alphabet cutouts and I traced them with a thin black marker. The word "his" are alphabet stickers by Recollections. 

No comments: