Cutest Blog on the Block

Tuesday, May 01, 2012

Fat Quarter Fun!

I haven't posted any sewing projects in a while. So today, I'm taking a break from cardmaking and showing you some projects I've been working on. On some of them, I have used Fat Quarters, you know, those yummy squares of fabric that measure 1/4 of a yard!?

I love making these pillowcase dresses, and I love using up almost every inch of fabric. I use 2 fat quarter squares for the top, and some remnant fabric for the bottom. The headband was made out of the pieces I had left from cutting out the arm holes.



This is a Onesie Dress made from another Fat Quarter Square:
I cut the square in half, sewed up the side seams, finished off the bottom, gathered the top, and stitched it onto my Onesie. The center flower was then heat bonded on, and then stitched in place.


And then...I found some MORE scraps, and decided to make
reversible headbands!


Sorry my pictures are "fancy-smancy", but after all this sewing, I'm pooped! LOL

Linking these projects to:


Thanks for visiting! Have a wonderful Tuesday!!!

1 comment:

Tracy said...

These are so cute.
I love these pillow case dresses. Wish my girls were young enough for me to make them some:)
I like how you use up all your fabric, no scraps that way, smart thinking :)