Cutest Blog on the Block

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

It all started with a ruffled skirt...

When I first saw this little girl's ruffled skirt at the thrift shop, I just KNEW I had to have it! I loved all the pretty ruffles and the color combo: gray and yellow!! And for $2, it was a steal! This skirt was about a size 10 in little girls. The only label on it said "65"
 But, I wasn't sure what I would do with it..til' one day it hit me!
Please forgive the blurry picture...I took it a few months ago with my cellphone.

I found this cute fat quarter at WalMart and it matched really well. A bargain for 75 cents! I found these purse straps many moons ago on clearance for $1 but can't remember where. 
So maybe a ruffled purse, right?  That would be cute........
But instead, I made my sister a Ruffled Apron! I had been stalking her Pinterest trying to decide what to give her for her birthday. She had pinned a cute ruffled apron. So here is my version:
FRONT OF APRON:

First I cut the elastic band off of the skirt. I then opened up the skirt by cutting up one of the seams.
 I measured how wide the skirt should be by wrapping it around me. (very technical, I know) Trimmed off the excess.  I then turned the sides of the skirt in a bit and stitched the raw edges. With the polka dotted fabric, I made a band and stitched that on.

BACK OF APRON:
I loved the fact that skirt, (now apron) had a thin, white lining fabric. It just finished off the apron so well. I was really pleased with my "repurposing project" and hope my sister was just as pleased with her "new" apron!

Linking this to:
                                                               Take a Look Tuesday

Thanks for stopping by. Have a wonderful Tuesday!

 

1 comment:

Candace said...

Audrey, I LOVE It! It is super cute!!!