Cutest Blog on the Block

Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Journaling Bible: Incorporating my Photo


First I'd like to Thank God for our men and women who serve or have served our beautiful Country:
the 
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA-ONE NATION UNDER GOD.

So yesterday, I was reading my journaling bible and thinking about what verse I wanted to create a layout for. I call my small pieces of art: "Layouts." That comes from my scrapbooking days. 
Some have asked me what bible I use, I am including that in my photos. It is an ESV Journaling Bible by Crossway. It was made specifically for writing or drawing in the margins.

When I create my "layout", I try really hard not to alter or cover up the words. You see, this is a bible that I read, so I still want to be able to read the Word and I want anyone that picks up this bible to be able to enjoy my little pieces of art and still read God's Word. 

Yesterday I took a photo and found that it went perfectly with 
Psalm 34:8
"Taste and See that the Lord is good, blessed is the man who takes refuge in him!" 

I wanted to somehow incorporate this photo into my page, but again, not cover up the words. 
I have seen where others use clear labels and print on them and adhere them to their pages, but I didn't have any of those, and I live out in the boon docks...so I improvised and used Vellum paper. Again, thank God I saved my supplies from my scrapbooking/cardmaking days!

Here it is:
I used tiny glue dots to adhere my photo. I ran the vellum thru my printer, and photo printed well. I let this dry before applying.  As you can see, you are still able to 
read the words where the photo overlapped. I found this verse in my sticker book but it was in a long format, so I cut it up and adhered it to fit.


Supplies used: Vellum (to print photo on)-Hobby Lobby,  "Lace" border sticker (Dollar Tree), Kraft Tab by The Paper Studio-Hobby Lobby,  Patterned Paper: 4x4 Paper Pad by Basic Grey (Nook and Pantry Collection)-ordered online many moons ago, Bible Verse: Religious Sticker pad by The Paper Studio-Hobby Lobby, Clear Rubber Stamps: Kaiser Craft "Confetti"-Michael's, Courtyard  "La*di*dah"-Big Lots, Tiny Glue Dots by Elmer's-Walmart, Date stamp-K&C Company-Walmart

And this is my Bible. It's an ESV Journaling Bible by Crossway. I ordered this last year from the Family Christian Store website w/ a 40% off coupon. 

Again...Happy Veteran's Day!! Here are a few of my family members who served:
My Grandpa Trini in the center, My father Tony and my brother Anthony. Others pictured are my Uncle Nando, and cousin Scott.


Thank you for stopping by! 
Have a blessed Wednesday!

No comments: