Cutest Blog on the Block

Monday, September 26, 2016

Week 40 in my Journaling Bible

For over a year now I have been journaling in my bible on Sunday evenings. I enjoy my time to read and be fed God's word. I was explaining Bible Journaling to a friend the other day, and I put very simply....
I read the verse, read it again, and maybe even again...then I highlight certain words and meditate on it...I think of ways I can apply this verse to my life. Then I let my creative juices flow. I find this very relaxing and rewarding.

Tonight I'm sharing my entry for Week 40 of  our study at  DOCUMENTED FAITH The focus word for September has been TEACH. We have been reading verses that talk about ways that God is trying to teach us what He wants us to do to live a Christ filled life.

We all have opportunities to TEACH and BE TAUGHT.

Week 40 is from 2 Timothy 4:2
"Preach the word. Be ready to serve God in good times and bad. Correct people’s mistakes. Warn them. Encourage them with words of hope. Be very patient as you do these things. Teach them carefully."

These were the NOTES:   This verse tells us to “correct, rebuke and encourage” It is hard to accept correction and/or be told that we need to change.  No matter how much the truth may hurt, we must be willing to listen to it so that we can more fully obey God.
 
I hope your Monday was a blessed one!!
 
If you get the chance to stop by tomorrow, I will be sharing some Handmade Cards I have been working on.
 

No comments: