Cutest Blog on the Block

Monday, May 09, 2011

Awesome Thrifty Finds for the month of April!

I love shopping thrift stores because for one, the price  usually can't be beat, and two..you never know what you will find! It's like searching for treasures! I have found lots of goodies and some I will use as they are...and others will get painted or altered for another use.

Here they are:

I found lots of zippers! And at 10 and 25 cents, they are a steal! Also found 2 packages for Photo Hangers from Ikea. It's a wire that is attached to 2 suction cups, photos attach to the wire with these cute little silver clips...really cool for $1 each! The glass dish is perfect for rings and things. And I fell in love with the lacy metal box with leather handles. Might be great for storing my nail polishes!

This is gonna look great hanging next to my back door.

I've always wanted a wooden Lazy Susan, I found one by Ikea for $3! I also found this cute little kids stool that I can't wait alter! $2 for this!  When I found the wire basket, I thought it was perfect. I love the color and it will be great in my craft room for storing rubber stamps. And I have a weakness for wicker baskets, the large handles on this one caught my attention!

The white, square basket still has it's Ikea tag on it, I got this baby for $2! And look at the cute, "Junk" box! My kids said it's so appropriate for me! LOL I LOVE it!!!

I can't wait to fix this baby up! It's got 3 slots, and I've got 3 kids...perfect! This is gonna look awesome with some cute file folders, or my collection of handmade cards! $5 for this!

I have NO idea what this is! But for $2, it was too pretty to pass up! I want to use it in my scrapbook room for storing stuff! If you know what this is...please tell me! :)

This is ONE of my favorite finds!!! It's a frame with a metal grid in it! The lovely person who donated it, even included the organza bag with little gold hooks! This is going to be perfect in my bedroom for my jewerly! I couldn't have spent my $5 a better way!
And my last photo..........


I have been wanting some candle sconces for each side of my bed. These are heavy and well made. For $2 each they are gonna look awesome in my bedroom! Can't wait to hang them up!!!


So there you have it. Almost all of my Thrifty Finds for the month of April! I can only look forward to what May will bring!!!!

Thanks for visiting!

3 comments:

Wiccababe said...

wow, I think I need to go charity shop shopping - what fabulous finds
Debz
xx

Jennifer said...

OOO GIRL U NEED TO COME HERE ON A TUESDAY. THERES A LIL STORE DOWNTOWN THAT OPENS UP EVERY TUESDAY AND THEY JUST GIVE THEIR STUFF AWAY NO CHARGE WHATSO EVER. ONLY PROBLEM FOR ME IS IM ALWAYS WORKING. AND ILL KEEP YOU IN MIND NEXT TIME I SEE A BUNCH OF ZIPPERS ILL SNAG EM AND SEND EM TO YA!

Jennifer said...

GLAD I WASNT THE ONLY VICTIM! BLOGGER DELETED OUR POSTS AND ALOT OF OUR COMMENTS TOO SOOO NOT COOL! MAY HAVE TO HAVE A CHAT WITH THEM.